Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Censorship of WikiLeaks at USMessageboard.com

I started with the latest piece I wrote (see last thread): "Why I support WikiLeaks"


I put it under "Politics"
It was up for five minutes, then I got a response saying, "you did not follow forum rules" and something to do with not being able to post on that category. So I moved it to "Opinions" and it was up for a few more minutes. I got a bunch of replies, and it was taken down again.

Then I tried going with "WiciLeeks"...same deal...then "Wiccileecz" and "Joolien Uhsonje". The posts were up a little longer, but then they were taken down, same message.

Then I posted under a guy who managed to put up a post called "WikiLeaks" but the whole article was basically bashing Obama, so in the reply column, I posted the my piece. There it stayed for about an hour, and I hit up the author and asked him, "how did you get your words to stay there?" That's when I noticed there were zero replies next his thread which had been there several days (all the other threads in the same catagory had replies in the double and triple digits)...in that hour, me and a couple other people put up replies, then it was completely yanked, and I got the "banned" message.

Oh well, another blog on censorship I guess. The Europeans will say 'told you so'...the Americans will keep watching Sports Center.

1 comment: